OpenAudible requires a valid license to use the latest version of the software. A license is valid forever. Free updates are available for one year. If your license is more than a year old, you can keep using your current version indefinitely. Upgrading to a version created after your 1 year license will require a low-cost upgrade.
If you already purchased a license, check your email for a receipt. It should have a license code.
From within the OpenAudible application, you can enter or check your license status by selecting themenu item
Then copy and paste your license code [xxxx-xxxx-xxxx] into the license field and click 'Activate'
If you paid, but didn't get license codes or an email receipt, your order may be PENDING further review. If you didn't receive a receipt within 10 minutes, your credit card may have been silently declined. Please contact contact FastSpring Order Support if you have any questions or try using a different payment method.
You can check or troubleshoot the status of your license here.
You can also lookup your order by email.
Your license code was found.
This license is no longer eligible for free updates.
If your license shows Due, you can upgrade now to get additional updates for one year.
If your license shows Expired, you can upgrade, or downgrade to the latest free version.
DowngradeTo downgrade your software, you'll need to download a version of OpenAudible released before your expiration date.
All software releases are currently here. But the upgrade is low cost and worth all the new features and improvements we keep adding.
Free Updates Until:
To Install License go to thein OpenAudible and select and paste your License Code and click Activate.
If you are having errors installing the license in OpenAudible
Its possible a firewall, proxy, or anti-virus program is preventing OpenAudible reaching our license
You can download this file here.
Save the license file in your OpenAudible settings directory. Then restart the application and you should be registered.
To find your OpenAudible directory, open the OpenAudible preferences, and click on the 'Show' button next to the location of the preference directory. The license.json file goes in the same directory as the settings.json file.
Questions or concerns can be emailed to .
You entered an invalid license.
Your license should be in the form of XXXX-XXXX-XXXX.
Use the form above to look it up, or check your email.
If your order is "pending" it may take a while to get a real license.
You can also contact and let us know your name, date ordered and email and we'll look it up.
Your license has been invalidated. Usually this is due to returning the product. If you bought two copies, one order may be deleted and the other kept.
Occasionally a license is invalidated if excessive audible accounts are used or if a license has been shared or made public.
License Terms of Service
- The OpenAudible application is licensed for personal use only.
- A license can be used on up to 3 Mac, linux or Windows computers.
- A single license can be used to access up to 5 audible accounts.
- A license includes free updates for 1 year.
- If a new version becomes available after one year from date of purchase, an upgrade may be purchased to use that version and get another year of updates.
- A license that is over 1 year old will continue to work indefinitely with any version of the software created before the expiration date.
- If you use your license on more than 5 audible accounts, accessing additional accounts can and will fail.
- Use of this software for piracy or on file sharing sites is prohibited and will result in your license being permanently revoked.
- For backing up audible purchases and managing book libraries for titles you purchased or are legally allowed to possess.